Damp Proofing and Timber Specialists In Cheshire Since 2009
Wood Boring Insects
Wet & Dry Rot
Cavity Wall Ties
Atlantis Property Preservation Ltd
Atlantis Property Preservation Ltd is a Cheshire based family run business that provides exceptional customer service when providing the solution to your damp or timber infestation issues. Our honest approach to the thorough assessment of your property always helps our customers to feel that the options available have been thoroughly explained and that they can have confidence that the correct diagnosis and treatment is provided.
Ever since 2009 we have been providing services to local residents and clients from neighbouring towns concerned that their house had been infested by penetrating damp or wood boring insects. We have years of experience in treating issues related to cavity wall ties penetrated by corrosion; which are faults that eventually may lead to a disaster if no appropriate measures are taken.
Damp & timber surveys
Timber is a beautiful and resistant building material. After all, who hasn’t been charmed by those tiny cosy wooden houses where you can hear timber cracking in the fireplace, take a deep breath and relax like you’ve never before? That being said, sometimes it also requires more care and maintenance than other materials. Obviously, some insects may consider your house a tasty treat and attempt to penetrate its structure so be wary of signs of infestation. Timber is also more vulnerable to rising and penetrating damp – rain water may enter your house and slowly build up the moisture level, gradually weakening the integrity of the whole structure.
If you think your house may be struggling with the issue of penetrating or rising damp, call us and have one of our surveyors come on site and assess the condition of your house. Early action will allow to solve the problem before the wood has been damaged beyond repair.
Cavity wall tie treatments
Our surveyors can also take a look at cavity wall ties in your house – they were wildly popular up until the 80s as they greatly reduced heat loss. However, it turned out that they would corrode rather quickly, sometimes even after just two decades. Cavity walls are vital to the whole structure of your house and their corrosion (due to rising water or moisture penetrating from other sources) may cause the whole building to collapse.
If you notice any cracks or bulges running along the walls of your house, it may be a sign that cavity ties are corroding. Don’t hesitate and call one our surveyors to assess the situation!
We run damp & timber surveys in order to check your house for any signs of penetrating damp or woodworm infestation. Our job is to ensure your house’s safety, which is why we run meticulous checks for any signs of condensation or ongoing rot which may have attacked your house after a period of heavy rain. You’ve already had your property treated against excessive moisture and yet there’s still something off? We’ll assess the situation and, if necessary, redo the plastering to make sure that water is properly absorbed.
And don’t worry – we speak English, not technical gibberish.
How do I know if I've got active wood worm in my house?
Why do I need a pre purchase survey?
- Inspection for Rising damp & penetrating damp
- Inspect the wooden floors for rot and beetle infestation
- Assess whether sub floor ventilation is adequate
- Inspect accessible timbers in the roof timbers for rot and beetle infestation
- Pass comments on the visible condition of roof coverings and rainwater goods
- Inspect the property for signs of any condensation related issues
- Assess the existing ventilation strategy in the property, such as checking the right type of extractor fans are fitted
- Inspect the basement for signs of water ingress (if there is one of course)
What is condensation and what can I do about it?
What is the difference between Penetrating and Rising Damp?
How should I treat penetrating damp?
- Aged bricks and mortar which become more porous and struggle to keep out wind-driven rain.
- Damaged brickwork or mortar allows moisture ingress to occur
- Faults in the building, such as slipped roof tiles, defective guttering, leaking pipes, dilapidated or poorly installed windows
Why use Atlantis Damp Proofing & Timber Specialists?
- All of our surveyors either hold the CSRT (Certificated Surveyor in Remedial Treatments) and the CSSW (Certificated Surveyor in Structural Waterproofing) qualifications or are working towards them.
- We are a family owned business who prides themselves on gaining referrals and repeat business in our local community.
- We are passionate about offering a truly trustworthy and reliable service. If we think a job does NOT need doing then we’ll tell you!
- We are also members of the Property Care Association and we are vetted on a regular basis.
- We carry Professional Indemnity & Public Liability insurance.
- Our work comes with Long Term guarantees, that can be insurance backed if you so wish.
View Our Gallery
See some of the jobs we have completed and look at some before/after pictures.
Why Choose Atlantis?
Why Choose A PCA Member?
Get in touch to arrange a survey, quote or just to discuss any issues you may have. We’re here to help.